Less-known things about computers
1. About 6,000 computer viruses are released each month.
2. The first computer mouse was invented by Doug Engelbart in 1964 and made of wood.
3. The world’s first computer virus was invented by the Farooq Alvi brothers in 1986 and is a bood sector virus. The purpose of the invention was to protect their research.
4. The average person blinks twenty times a minute, but only about seven times a minute when using a computer.
5. The word TYPEWRITER is the longest letter on a keyboard row.
6. It took 38 years to reach 50 million radio listeners. It took 13 years for the TV. But it only took four years for the World Wide Web (www) to reach 50 million users.
7. The first domain name was Symbolics.com.
8. A typist’s fingers travel up to 12.6 miles in a typical working day.
9. The world’s first computer was the Z1, invented by scientist Konrad Zuse in 1936. The second generation Z2 was invented in 1939 and recorded as the world’s first electro-mechanical computer.
10. At least one million domain names are registered each month.
11. Bill Gates’ home was designed with a Macintosh computer.
12. The team of 12 engineers who developed the IBM PC is nicknamed The Dirty Dozen.
13. Hewlett Packard (HP), one of the world’s leading computer manufacturers, began mass production of computers in 1939 in a garage in Palo Alto, California.
14. The world’s first hard drives were just 20MB and cost $ 800. Now the price has dropped 100 times and storage capacity has increased more than 100 times.
15. Computer mouse, windowing GUI, laser printing, and network card were developed simultaneously by Xerox, California.
16. EBay, an online exchange, trades at an average of $ 680 per second.
17. The computer processing power of the cell phone far exceeds the processors of all the computers included in the Apollo 11 Lunar Lander, the world’s first manned spacecraft.
18. Crash Course is another name for Microsoft Window tutorials.
20. An Indian researcher has a rare discovery in Windows OS. It can not be named CON when creating folders anywhere on the computer (Desktop, Local Disk C, D, E, etc ………………).
(Readers – try to create a folder named con. You will find that it is not possible to do so.)